Pre-sales Solutions Engineer
Robin Systems seeks an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to:
- Utilize strong technical skills, business acumen, and customer orientation to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects, and customers to support sales goals.
- Work on cross-functional teams including Field Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Services, and Engineering to create solutions that provide business value.
- Become intimately acquainted with customers’ business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history to present targeted business solutions.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
- Perform technical qualification of prospects to define sales strategies based on a thorough understanding of each prospect’s technical challenges and business needs.
- Understand customer’s business needs to determine appropriate technical solutions.
- Maintain proactive technical relationships with customers from initial evaluation through development and deployment of [SOMETHING MISSING HERE]
- Develop and present technical customer demos, identifying specific customer needs and product features to emphasize.
- Work in tandem with Field Sales reps to progress customer sales cycles from initial contact through closure.
- Work with Solutions Architects to drive proof-of-concept engagements to successful completion.
- Interface closely with Field Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Services, and Engineering to create solutions that address customer’s critical needs.
- BS in Computer Science or related, or equivalent work experience.
- The desire to work in a start-up environment.
- 3+ years of proven success as a pre-sales engineer for an enterprise software sales company.
- 2+ years’ experience with database, storage, or other data-intensive environments.
- 2+ years’ experience with distributed computing, database, or related technologies.
- Experience with Linux and the use of scripting languages.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations and demos to architects and technical executives (CTO, CIO).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Travel: Some travel required.
About Robin Systems
Robin Systems is the first hyper-converged Kubernetes solution for big data, databases and AI/ML. Robin is the only solution that embeds application workflows natively into the storage, network, and cloud infrastructure stack. As a result, every application benefits from a simple managed the service-like experience, along with automated deployment and lifecycle management. Traditional hypervisor-based virtualization typically suffers from poor performance and complex and time-consuming application lifecycle management. With Robin, enterprises can bring their applications online much faster, at lower cost, and in any location (on-premise, or in the cloud). With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as NetApp, Oracle, and Veritas, Robin Systems seeks to disrupt the $20 billion-plus virtualization market with its hyper-converged Kubernetes platform. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.