Pre-sales Solutions Engineer
Robin Systems seeks an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to:
- Utilize strong technical skills, business acumen, and customer orientation to provide the highest level of business and technical consultation to sales teams, prospects, and customers to support sales goals.
- Work on cross-functional teams including Field Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Services, and Engineering to create solutions that provide business value.
- Become intimately acquainted with customers’ business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history to present targeted business solutions.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
- Perform technical qualification of prospects to define sales strategies based on a thorough understanding of each prospect’s technical challenges and business needs.
- Understand customer’s business needs to determine appropriate technical solutions.
- Maintain proactive technical relationships with customers from initial evaluation through development and deployment of [SOMETHING MISSING HERE]
- Develop and present technical customer demos, identifying specific customer needs and product features to emphasize.
- Work in tandem with Field Sales reps to progress customer sales cycles from initial contact through closure.
- Work with Solutions Architects to drive proof-of-concept engagements to successful completion.
- Interface closely with Field Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Services, and Engineering to create solutions that address customer’s critical needs.
- BS in Computer Science or related, or equivalent work experience.
- The desire to work in a start-up environment.
- 3+ years of proven success as a pre-sales engineer for an enterprise software sales company.
- 2+ years’ experience with database, storage, or other data-intensive environments.
- 2+ years’ experience with distributed computing, database, or related technologies.
- Experience with Linux and the use of scripting languages.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations and demos to architects and technical executives (CTO, CIO).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Travel: Some travel required.
About Robin Systems
Robin.io brings advanced storage and data management that extend the Agility, Efficiency and Portability of Kubernetes to All Stateful Applications, even complex Big Data, Databases, AI/ML and Custom Apps, on Any Infrastructure, On-Premise, Hybrid Cloud or Multi-Cloud. ROBIN Platform is the industry’s first hyper-converged solution that enables big data, databases and AI/ML as a Service on Kubernetes. ROBIN Storage delivers bare-metal performance and enables powerful data management capabilities such as snapshots, backup and migration to support even the most demanding data-intensive workloads. With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Red Hat and Veritas, Robin.io seeks to reinvent IT Infrastructure and put the focus back on what matters most – The Applications. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.