Senior Product Manager / Director Product Management
Robin Systems seeks an experienced Product Management Manager/Director
- Define and shape the next generation software defined virtualization for data-centric applications, storage, network & stateful use cases beyond plain micro-services.
- Interact with customers and understand their requirements, define use cases, translate use cases into detailed product specifications, and work with different teams to get these features released to the product.
- Deliver presentations and demos to key stakeholders, participate in meetups and user conferences to promote the product.
Location: San Jose Bay Area
- Own and manage the product roadmap, prioritize all work, and help the team focus on delivering valuable products and features
- Work with designers, software engineers, quality assurance engineers, marketing and technical writers in continuous delivery and improvements
- Work with the design team to create the best UX/UI
- Act as the key point of contact for product information to internal and external stakeholders
- Anticipate changes in priority and product strategy and refine goals based on team and client feedback as well as industry and market trends
- At least 7-10 years of product management experience
- Proven hands-on experience in data-science tools – visualization and querying, algorithms, programming
- Experience in Cloud Computing, Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra or other NoSQL DBs, Elasticsearch, Docker, Mesos is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Sciences is preferred, an MBA is an advantage
- Experience in ML (machine learning) or AI (artificial intelligence) or BI (business intelligence) tools is an advantage
- Prior early stage startup experience is an advantage
About Robin Systems
Robin Systems is the first hyper-converged Kubernetes solution for big data, databases and AI/ML. Robin is the only solution that embeds application workflows natively into the storage, network, and cloud infrastructure stack. As a result, every application benefits from a simple managed the service-like experience, along with automated deployment and lifecycle management. Traditional hypervisor-based virtualization typically suffers from poor performance and complex and time-consuming application lifecycle management. With Robin, enterprises can bring their applications online much faster, at lower cost, and in any location (on-premise, or in the cloud). With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as NetApp, Oracle, and Veritas, Robin Systems seeks to disrupt the $20 billion-plus virtualization market with its hyper-converged Kubernetes platform. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.