Senior Release Engineer
Robin seeks a Senior Release Engineer to:
- Build, release, and improve the multi-faceted distributed product encompassing end-to-end DevOps capabilities in the cloud, on-prem and hybrid for teams pursuing modern data applications.
Location: San Jose, California
- Own and manage the product roadmap, prioritize all work, and help the team focus on delivering valuable products and features as the Senior Product Manager.
- Direct the team of designers, software engineers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts, and technical writers in continuous delivery and improvements.
- Work with the design team to create the best product user experience.
- Act as the key point of contact for product information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Anticipate changes in priority and product strategy and refine goals based on team and client feedback as well as industry and market trends.
- Understand real-world deployment and usage scenarios from customers and translate them into product features that drive the value of the product.
- Participate in industry and community events and conferences, including presenting and speaking as the senior product manager.
- Ensure that the quality and security of the products developed meet or exceed industry standards.
- Ability to lead projects in a team environment and to effectively coordinate efforts across multiple resources.
- Ability to lead, influence and champion people aligned to multiple tracks in a matrix environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and customers.
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully launch new initiatives and to drive complex issues through detail analysis and resolution.
- At least 7 years of product management experience.
- Proficiency and experience with DevOps methodologies and tools is a must.
- Experience in Development Oriented PaaS is highly desirable.
- Experience in cloud computing, Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra or other NoSQL
- DBs, Elastic Search, Docker, Mesos is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Prior early-stage startup experience, preferably in the infrastructure or Big Data space (e.g. Docker, Redhat, CoreOS, VMware).
- Deep familiarity with container-based DevOps technologies such as Docker, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Good schooling background (Ivy league – preferably with technical degree, IITs) . MBA not mandatory but will be considered an advantage.
About Robin Systems
Robin.io brings advanced storage and data management that extend the Agility, Efficiency and Portability of Kubernetes to All Stateful Applications, even complex Big Data, Databases, AI/ML and Custom Apps, on Any Infrastructure, On-Premise, Hybrid Cloud or Multi-Cloud. ROBIN Platform is the industry’s first hyper-converged solution that enables big data, databases and AI/ML as a Service on Kubernetes. ROBIN Storage delivers bare-metal performance and enables powerful data management capabilities such as snapshots, backup and migration to support even the most demanding data-intensive workloads. With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, Oracle, Red Hat and Veritas, Robin.io seeks to reinvent IT Infrastructure and put the focus back on what matters most – The Applications. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.