Senior Release Engineer
Robin seeks a Senior Release Engineer to:
- Build, release, and improve the multi-faceted distributed product encompassing end-to-end DevOps capabilities in the cloud, on-prem and hybrid for teams pursuing modern data applications.
Location: San Jose, California
- Own and manage the product roadmap, prioritize all work, and help the team focus on delivering valuable products and features as the Senior Product Manager.
- Direct the team of designers, software engineers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts, and technical writers in continuous delivery and improvements.
- Work with the design team to create the best product user experience.
- Act as the key point of contact for product information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Anticipate changes in priority and product strategy and refine goals based on team and client feedback as well as industry and market trends.
- Understand real-world deployment and usage scenarios from customers and translate them into product features that drive the value of the product.
- Participate in industry and community events and conferences, including presenting and speaking as the senior product manager.
- Ensure that the quality and security of the products developed meet or exceed industry standards.
- Ability to lead projects in a team environment and to effectively coordinate efforts across multiple resources.
- Ability to lead, influence and champion people aligned to multiple tracks in a matrix environment.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an equal ability to talk to engineers, senior executives, partners, and customers.
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully launch new initiatives and to drive complex issues through detail analysis and resolution.
- At least 7 years of product management experience.
- Proficiency and experience with DevOps methodologies and tools is a must.
- Experience in Development Oriented PaaS is highly desirable.
- Experience in cloud computing, Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra or other NoSQL
- DBs, Elastic Search, Docker, Mesos is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Prior early-stage startup experience, preferably in the infrastructure or Big Data space (e.g. Docker, Redhat, CoreOS, VMware).
- Deep familiarity with container-based DevOps technologies such as Docker, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Good schooling background (Ivy league – preferably with technical degree, IITs) . MBA not mandatory but will be considered an advantage.
About Robin Systems
Robin Systems is the first hyper-converged Kubernetes solution for big data, databases and AI/ML. Robin is the only solution that embeds application workflows natively into the storage, network, and cloud infrastructure stack. As a result, every application benefits from a simple managed the service-like experience, along with automated deployment and lifecycle management. Traditional hypervisor-based virtualization typically suffers from poor performance and complex and time-consuming application lifecycle management. With Robin, enterprises can bring their applications online much faster, at lower cost, and in any location (on-premise, or in the cloud). With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as NetApp, Oracle, and Veritas, Robin Systems seeks to disrupt the $20 billion-plus virtualization market with its hyper-converged Kubernetes platform. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.