Robin Systems seeks an experienced Software Engineer.
- Design and implement Robin’s system software that involves the storage and distributed application.
- Work with other team members to produce design specification.
- Participate in a scheduled discussion that strikes a balance between time to market and product functionality.
- End-to-end implementation of software code with high performance and debug ability.
- Work with quality assurance team to co-develop testing strategy and plan to ensure high quality of final product.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Perform after-hours work on a periodic basis.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is a must. Master degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated storage software development experience of commercial product.
- Advanced knowledge of storage and data management and service.
- The expert ability of evaluation methods in the design, development and debugging of software programs.
- Three or more years’ experience in software-defined cluster storage for enterprise workloads preferred.
- Experience working within multi-threaded parallel system software preferred.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert programming ability in Python, C, C++, Perl in Linux and UNIX development environment.
About Robin Systems
Robin Systems is the first hyper-converged Kubernetes solution for big data, databases and AI/ML. Robin is the only solution that embeds application workflows natively into the storage, network, and cloud infrastructure stack. As a result, every application benefits from a simple managed the service-like experience, along with automated deployment and lifecycle management. Traditional hypervisor-based virtualization typically suffers from poor performance and complex and time-consuming application lifecycle management. With Robin, enterprises can bring their applications online much faster, at lower cost, and in any location (on-premise, or in the cloud). With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as NetApp, Oracle, and Veritas, Robin Systems seeks to disrupt the $20 billion-plus virtualization market with its hyper-converged Kubernetes platform. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.