Robin Systems seeks an experienced Solutions Architect to:
- Work directly with our customers and partners to architect, design, and deploy Big Data services utilizing Robin Containerization Platform, our application-centric data center infrastructure product.
- Work as an integral part of the Robin sales team to provide technical consultation, demos, and proofs of concept (PoC) to prospects and customers to support sales goals.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
- End-to-end implementation of the Robin Containerization Platform product in customer projects and PoCs.
- Work directly with customers to devise and recommend solutions based on Robin’s capabilities and customer’s requirements.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to maximize use of Robin Containerization Platform product.
- Document and present complex architectures to customers’ technical teams.
- Work closely with Robin’s engineering team to help ensure the success of customer engagements.
- Participate in the pre-and post- sales process, helping both the sales and product teams to interpret customers’ requirements.
- Keep current with the Big Data ecosystem technologies
- Travel: Up to 20 percent
- 5+ years of professional services (customer facing) experience architecting and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
- 2+ years designing and deploying Big Data solutions as a solutions architect.
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements.
- Familiar with processing data queries in the HDFS environment using tools such as Apache Hive.
- Familiar with implementing MapReduce jobs as a solutions architect.
- Experience setting up multi-node Hadoop clusters.
- Experience implementing software solutions in enterprise scale Linux or Unix environments.
- Understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations.
- Familiar with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python and/or Perl.
- Basic understanding of the Java ecosystem and enterprise offerings, including debugging and profiling tools, logging and monitoring tools, and security offerings.
- Experience in writing to network-based APIs, such as REST/JSON or XML/SOAP.
- Familiar with server virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Experience in architecting data center solutions – properly selecting server and storage hardware based on performance, availability, and cost requirements.
- Familiarity with Big Data use cases, and commonly used design patterns in Hadoop-based deployments.
- Knowledge of data management concepts, such as data warehousing, ETL, and data integration.
About Robin Systems
Robin Systems is the first hyper-converged Kubernetes solution for big data, databases and AI/ML. Robin is the only solution that embeds application workflows natively into the storage, network, and cloud infrastructure stack. As a result, every application benefits from a simple managed the service-like experience, along with automated deployment and lifecycle management. Traditional hypervisor-based virtualization typically suffers from poor performance and complex and time-consuming application lifecycle management. With Robin, enterprises can bring their applications online much faster, at lower cost, and in any location (on-premise, or in the cloud). With a team that includes industry veterans from leading enterprise technology companies such as NetApp, Oracle, and Veritas, Robin Systems seeks to disrupt the $20 billion-plus virtualization market with its hyper-converged Kubernetes platform. The San Jose California-based company is backed by leading investors such as Clear Ventures, DN Capital, USAA, Hasso Plattner Ventures, and CloudScale Capital Partners.