On-demand Webinar: Are Containers Ready to Run NoSQL Databases?
Are Containers Ready to Run NoSQL Databases?
The database is the quintessential data dependency for any application. Databases in production environments tend to be performance sensitive and expect consistent and predictable performance from their underlying infrastructure. On the other hand, databases in dev/test environments need to be fast, agile and portable.
Due to this paradox, production databases are typically deployed on bare metal servers for maximum performance and predictability. This often leads to underutilization of hardware, idle capacity, and poor isolation. On the other hand, dev/test databases are deployed on VMs which are fast to deploy, improve hardware utilization and consolidation, are fully isolated, and are easy to move across data centers and clouds but suffer from poor performance, hypervisor overhead, and unpredictability. It is a challenge to run nosql databases with great performance, no hypervisor overhead and move data from dev, test to prod seamlessly without any downtime.
In this webinar, learn about:
- How NoSQL databases like Cassandra can benefit from container technology
- If the current storage systems can support containerized databases
- How to alleviate data management challenges for large databases
- How to run NoSQL databases on RCP
- How ROBIN Hyper-Converged Kubernetes Platform can deliver bare-metal-like performance while retaining all virtualization benefits