Senior Software Engineer – Orchestration
obin.io is seeking a talented software engineer to join our core platform engineering group. S/he will design and own features within the Robin orchestration engine. Container (Docker, LxC), network (OVS, VxLAN) app/user management, Resource allocation, job/task management, template engine, API design/implementation are just some of the areas of focus. Eligible candidates should have experience developing server-side applications using thread-safe programming, database manipulation and asynchronous programming techniques.
About Robin Systems
Robin is a well funded enterprise software startup offering industry’s most sophisticated application automation platform. Robin simplifies deployment and management of big data, NoSQL, ML/AI, and database applications while significantly reducing infrastructure costs. We combine various technologies including containers (Docker, LxC), distributed storage, networking and application workflow management to deliver a revolutionary product to the market. We consistently amaze our customers with the functionality and usability of our product.
- Design and implement core components of the orchestration stack
- Optimize application for high performance
- Built application bundles that help in provisioning BigData, NoSQL data pipelines
- Very strong in Python (at least 5 years practical experience)
- Very strong in server-side, multi-threaded programming
- Very strong in data structures and algorithms
- Asynchronous programming, REST APIs and Database design (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Familiar with how Big Data & NoSQL Apps are deployed and managed — Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, etc