Senior Software Engineer – Storage
About Robin Systems
Robin is a well funded enterprise software startup offering industry’s most sophisticated application automation platform. Robin simplifies deployment and management of big data, NoSQL, ML/AI, and database applications while significantly reducing infrastructure costs. We combine various technologies including containers (Docker, LxC), distributed storage, networking and application workflow management to deliver a revolutionary product to the market. We consistently amaze our customers with the functionality and usability of our product.
- Code in a variety of languages, primarily C/C++
- Design, implement, and maintain high-performance, scalable storage systems
- Be able to execute project in entirety from feature specification, design, implementation and validation with minimal supervision.
- Be able to create documentation such as design documents, feature specification and bug updates.
- Being able to create a work plan with verifiable milestones and time estimates and deliver project within estimates.
- Constructively collaborate with the team during design/code reviews.
- Interfacing with QA to come up with effective feature test plans.
- Being able to benchmark performance and identify and troubleshoot bottlenecks
- 6+ years of system software development experience.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Python, Shell scripting, Linux experience
- 4+ years experience developing Enterprise quality FileSystem/Storage software
- Ability to program both in kernel and userspace
- Good understanding of multithreading and race conditions in concurrent systems.
- Good understanding of on-disk and in-memory data structures and algorithms with emphasis on performance
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience in design and development of hyperconverged/distributed storage systems
- Experience in debugging and fixing data corruption issues
- Experience implementing erasure coding for data protection